Director, Technical SupportAPPLY NOW
ION Media Networks has established a track record of operational and financial growth in building its television networks. The highly-rated and fully-programmed 24/7 “ION Television” entertainment network reaches close to 100 million households nationwide primarily in the areas of broadcast through its ION Television Station Group, as well as cable, satellite and telecommunications.
Launched in 2007, ION Television features a “Positively Entertaining” schedule of proven, award-winning programs, quality original series and popular holiday movies available on multiple platforms via its state-of-the-art distribution system. As owner of the nation’s largest broadcast station group, ION Media Networks’ 62 stations are positioned in 24 of the top 25 markets.
The Director of Technical Support leads a client facing team supporting the essential information technology services used by all employees. The team specializes in supporting technologies in a Windows and Citrix based environment, guiding employees in the use of those technologies during the employee lifecycle. This role will be challenged with providing consistency, finding efficiencies, and reducing complexity, all while avoiding unnecessary inconveniences to employees.
You will be leading the effort, with the help of other IT managers, to:
- Establish and enforce IT standards, procedures and policies
- Create and maintain documentation of all client facing IT operations and systems
- Design, develop, and implement client-focused training programs that create awareness and enable employees to make the most of the information technology tools available to them
- Provide future-thinking, client-focused perspectives for all information technology solutions
- Communicate technical solutions and changes to non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related discipline required
- 5+ years in a managerial role required
- Strong leadership, business management, and customer service skills
- Ability to make quick judgment calls and prioritize tasks under high pressure
- Ability to understand and determine root cause and propose effective solutions
- An in-depth knowledge and demonstrated expertise of desktop systems and their interaction with applications, networks, servers, identity management and other integrated technologies