Director, Commercial AnalyticsAPPLY NOW
ION Media has established a track record of operational success and financial growth in building out its company. Available in 100 million homes, ION Media is the nation’s largest operator of full-power TV broadcast stations by national household reach, with 65 full-power stations.
Launched in 2007, the company’s flagship, ION Television, is a top 10-ranked U.S. general entertainment network featuring a “Positively Entertaining” schedule of proven, award-winning programs, quality original series and popular holiday movies available on multiple platforms via its state-of-the art distribution system.
The Director, Commercial Analytics is responsible for playing a key role in the Commercial Department at ION. By managing analyses from start to finish, you will apply analytical methodologies to data, and extract meaningful insights that successfully position ION for maximizing revenue and optimizing commercial load. You will partner and work cross-functionally with Senior Management and other teams including Traffic, Pricing & Inventory, Marketing and Promotions teams to communicate insights and data. You will play a critical role in analyzing traffic patterns, trends, and ad loads through standard dashboards, as well as ad hoc analyses.
This role is an excellent opportunity for an innovative individual who thinks critically about data in order to tell the story and communicate it to stakeholders, and wants to expand analytical capabilities to approach data from new perspectives.
- Evaluate commercial loads, promo time and programming formats to optimize ION’s advertising inventory;
- Lead the analysis of changes in traffic and commercial patterns, combining data analysis and meetings with various stakeholders; Own follow ups and track progress;
- Manage analytics workflow: Mine data; Spot trends and deepen analysis to tell the story; Clearly present insights in professional PowerPoint slides;
- Serve as analytics subject matter expert, providing training and development opportunities to Commercial team;
- Implement process improvements, including automation of quantitative tools and dashboards
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative discipline;
- 4+ years of relevant experience, preferably in media or advertising;
- Strategic thinker with a proven track record of combining data and business acumen to distill complex data sets to actionable insights;
- Sense of curiosity, attention to detail and comfort with ambiguity;
- Expertise with reporting tools and business intelligence tools like MicroStrategy, Cognos, Business Objects or Tableau;
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills;
- Experience with databases and programming language a plus (SQL, VB);
- Knowledge of statistical software (R, SAS) is a plus