Traffic ManagerAPPLY NOW
ION Media Networks has established a track record of operational and financial growth in building its television networks. The highly-rated and fully-programmed 24/7 “ION Television” entertainment network reaches 100 million households nationwide primarily in the areas of broadcast through its ION Television Station Group, as well as cable, satellite and telecommunications.
Launched in 2007, ION Television features a “Positively Entertaining” schedule of proven, award-winning programs, quality original series and popular holiday movies available on multiple platforms via its state-of-the-art distribution system. As owner of the nation’s largest broadcast station group, ION Media Networks’ 62 full-power stations reach 98 million homes, including in 24 of the top 25 markets.
The Traffic Manager is responsible for scheduling and finalizing the daily traffic logs as well as managing short and long term avails across the Network & Digital station inventory. This person will also solicit traffic instructions and commercial content from the advertising agencies and commercial delivery vendors. Traffic Manager will also engage in daily communication and coordination with internal Pricing & Inventory and Sales departments. We are searching for a personable and diligent individual who is conscientious and dependable.
- Work directly with the Network and/or Digital P&I / Commercial Ops Sales team to maximize inventory and control oversell
- Audit placement to confirm that all spots are given required separation, rotation and check for possible conflicts prior to log locking
- Coordinate directly with agencies to acquire commercial copy instructions and creative
- Monitor exceptions for current week by day part and rate to optimize avails
- Daily and direct communication with Sales team regarding any pre or post log issues such as spot count, cancellations, hiatus and new/revised orders
- Provide back up support to staff members on PTO
- Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2+ years in related functions, Finance background helpful
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well under pressure against tight deadlines and changing priorities
- Works independently with little supervision and strong decision making skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint)
- Detail oriented team player with a solid commitment to accuracy and efficiency
- Demonstrates initiative and willingness to acquire new skills and additional duties
Mar 19, 2017