Support SpecialistAPPLY NOW
ION Media has established a track record of operational success and financial growth in building out its company. Available in 100 million homes, ION Media is the nation’s largest operator of full-power TV broadcast stations by national household reach, with over 60 full-power stations.
Launched in 2007, the company’s flagship, ION Television, is a top 10-ranked U.S. general entertainment network featuring a “Positively Entertaining” schedule of proven, award-winning programs, quality original series and popular holiday movies available on multiple platforms via its state-of-the art distribution system.
The Support Specialist will join a team focused on the technology utilized in receiving, processing, storage, and delivery of digital assets in a post-production environment. The chosen candidate will provide operational support and recommend improvements to these systems and workflows. The position will report to the Director, Content Technology Suppor,t within ION’s Information Technology department.
This is a senior-level technical position, requiring experience supporting a complex environment. The candidate should demonstrate proficiency in configuring, deploying, and securing hardware and software on Windows and Mac OS platforms.
In addition, the candidate should demonstrate an aptitude for configuring and troubleshooting non-linear editing clients, video transcoding software, file transfer applications, and storage servers optimized for digital assets.
- Perform daily monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all systems;
- Troubleshoot incidents on server and client systems (Windows and Mac OS);
- Categorize and assign service requests and incidents;
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures;
- Coordinate and communicate with impacted clients;
- Apply software maintenance updates as required;
- Establish system requirements and recommend improvements in process and technology;
- Deploy and maintain storage solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, radio-television, or a related field;
- Five years of experience in a support or production role;
- Highly organized with strong interpersonal, client relations and communication skills;
- Ability to communicate technical information to a variety of audiences and skill levels;
- Basic knowledge of IT network connectivity and infrastructure;
- Experience with the administration of Avid applications and storage (Avid Media Composer, Avid Interplay, Avid ISIS and NEXIS);
- Experience with digital file transcoding workflows using systems such as Telestream Vantage;
- Experience with media delivery services such as FTP, Signiant and Aspera;
- Experience with automated QC systems such as Interra Baton;
- Working knowledge of codecs and containers used for video production and distribution (MPEG-2, H.264, JPEG2000, REDCODE RAW, MXF, TS);
- Familiarity with issues affecting playback or conversion of video files, including retention of ancillary data such as closed captioning and timecode;
- Familiarity with Masstech or similar media asset management systems;
- Familiarity with SpectraLogic tFinity or similar LTO archiving system
Mar 5, 2018