Staff Accountant, LeasesAPPLY NOW
ION Media has established a track record of operational success and financial growth in building out its company. Available in 98 million homes, ION Media is the nation’s largest operator of full power TV broadcast stations by national household reach, with 60 full power stations.
Launched in 2007, the company’s flagship, ION Television, is a top 10-ranked U.S. general entertainment network featuring a “Positively Entertaining” schedule of proven, award-winning programs, quality original series and popular holiday movies available on multiple platforms via its state-of-the art distribution system.
The Staff Accountant, Leases is responsible for reporting to the VP, Controller, and will lead the accounting over leases and related financial report preparation process as well as be a hands-on member of the accounting team. This role will be able to support management while assisting in the day-to-day accounting functions.
- Review lease contracts for proper accounting treatment;
- Maintenance of lease schedules for financial reporting;
- Responsible for prepaid assets and all electric and rent/CAM accruals;
- Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries over areas of responsibility on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Perform monthly, quarterly and annual account reconciliations over areas of responsibility;
- Reviews A/P batches for leases to ensure coding is accurate;
- Assist in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports and disclosures in areas of responsibility;
- Ensure compliance with the company’s accounting policies and procedures;
- Assist in the development and documentation of applicable policies and procedures;
- Research and respond to inquiries pertaining to corporate accounting matters;
- Work with other departments to gather any information as deemed necessary for accounting matters
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or equivalent experience;
- 3-5 years of accounting experience;
- Knowledge of lease accounting preferred;
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and organizational skills;
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Experience working with GL systems, Excel, Word and PowerPoint required
Jun 20, 2017