Content CoordinatorAPPLY NOW
ION Media has established a track record of operational success and financial growth in building out its company. Available in 98 million homes, ION Media is the nation’s largest operator of full power TV broadcast stations by national household reach, with 60 full power stations.
Launched in 2007, the company’s flagship, ION Television, is a top 10-ranked U.S. general entertainment network featuring a “Positively Entertaining” schedule of proven, award-winning programs, quality original series and popular holiday movies available on multiple platforms via its state-of-the art distribution system.
The Content Coordinator is responsible for managing and distributing all incoming programming content and collateral materials, as well as organizing and maintaining the storage environment for the Content department, along with completing departmental projects as assigned.
- Manage edit-storage environment to ensure all assets are accounted for and in the appropriate locations;
- Manage organization of file structures to match standards and support effective workflow;
- Download content files delivered by programming distributors and enter metadata in Content database system;
- Track media asset workflow throughout departmental processes;
- Download, catalog and distribute collateral programming materials;
- Package and prepare files to be sent out to third party services;
- Create screeners of content for executive approval;
- Additional Content departmental projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree, Mass Communication/Broadcasting preferred;
- 0-3 years’ experience in media preferred;
- Experience with content/media management systems and metadata management, their uses and workflows within media organizations, a plus;
- Knowledge of digital file formats;
- Familiarity with Avid Interplay a plus;
- Experience in reading and understanding Tektronix scopes in relation to acceptable Broadcast Video/Gamut and Audio loudness levels;
- Ability to learn new software and systems and quickly adapt;
- Ability to understand and articulate highly technical concepts and requirements to a variety of audiences;
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized and thorough;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
Aug 10, 2017