ION TELEVISION BREWS 'THE ION BLEND' FOR ADVERTISERS
National B2B Campaign Showcases Network’s Unparalleled Quality, Value,
Reach and Insights as Part of 2016-17 Upfront Presentation
WEST PALM BEACH, March 9, 2016 - Beginning this week, ION Television launches a multifaceted national B2B campaign, called “The ION Blend,” to demonstrate the Network’s unparalleled combination of advertiser value, program quality, and audience reach and insights.
“Like your favorite cup of coffee, ION Television offers a mix of quality, consistency and value,” said Chris Addeo, Senior VP, Marketing & Promotions, ION Media Networks, Inc., who oversees the initiative. “We work very hard year-round to exceed our advertisers’ expectations on multiple fronts, and that has allowed us to increasingly become an essential part of their media plans.”
The campaign features targeted digital and print advertising, as well as outdoor throughout New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta and Detroit. A dedicated website at http://theionblend.com engages users with shareable creative content, supplementary data and a contest that runs through June 12. For the fifth consecutive year, the Network will continue its “ION Delivers” lunch program that sends lunch to key agencies in those five cities over a five-day period.
ION’s upfront story is one of steady viewership and revenue growth, strong demographics, deep audience insights, and effective and reliable reach, highlighted by:
- Consistent ascension to its current position as a top 10 network in all key demos, including Adults 25-54 and Women 25-54, and a top seven ranking with Hispanic and African-American viewers;
- With a network of 62 owned stations-including in 24 of the top 25 DMAs-broadcast reach at cable CPMs;
- Four of the five most-watched dramas on television and a carefully constructed schedule that allows the audience to “binge-watch for free;”
- Viewers who watch live 97% of the time, stay tuned twice as long as most other cable network viewers and are 25% more likely to increase their spending;
- An impressive ROI of 2.5 times the rating for every advertising dollar spent; and
- More than 100 custom client solutions each season utilizing multiple platforms and 3,000-square-feet of studio space.
The “ION Blend” campaign media buy runs through May 31.
Source: Nielsen Media Research; A&W 25-54 C3 impression Prime M-SU 7P-1A ranks (9/28/09-2/14/16) excludes kids, news and sports networks; Live viewing & length of tune 14-15 season Prime M-SU 7P-1A; viewer increase spending Vision Critical Survey Jul-Aug 2015; ROI top 25 general entertainment cable network spend 14-15 season from Kantar Market Advisor.
About ION Television
A leading U.S. general entertainment network, ION Television combines high-quality programming and dependable distribution with an attitude of innovation and growth. Its "Positively Entertaining" network brand positioning features a formula of proven series, an expansive catalog of blockbuster movies and a commitment to introduce new original programming. ION Television has grown its Adults 25-54 audience by 168% since its 2007 launch and has consistently remained among the top 15 entertainment networks. For more information, visit http://www.iontelevision.com/.
# # #
ION Media Networks